Saturday, August 4, 2012

To Buy List-Back To School

3 weeks out...

That is how much time I have left until school starts, or rather until Back To School Meetings start. So technically I have 4 weeks until my little kiddos walk in the door.  Gulp!  I am hoping that I can knock a few things off my list, so I walk into the school building being able to focus on yes classroom decor and organization, but also be able to focus on being prepared to teach my little guys and gals.

We'll see how it goes.

So here it is.....(with a little help from...
Clutter-Free Classroom
a GEM in helping you plan for ANY (and I mean any situation in teaching!  This woman is amazing!)

This is my "To Buy List".  It's always changing, but that is it for now.  The nice thing about teaching for the same grade for the 5th year is that you are sprucing and adding, not starting from scratch.  Wohoo!  I have moved for the past 2 years, so I am super happy.

Back to School To Buy List
My To Do List might have to be another blog post.  That one is a LOT longer....

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Laura, what items do you include in your Emergency Bag? Just curious :) Also, what does your Birthday Bag consist of? I'm a second year teacher, so I'm always looking for new ideas to spruce things up in my classroom!

-Kristin
http://fancyfreelife.blogspot.com

Ms. Pretzel said...

Hey Kristin,
My emergency bag has basics for me to have like; toothpaste, deodorant, mints, etc. just nice to have them for Back to School nights or what not.
The birthday bag is something the kids take home and actually bring back. It has the book "Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss", a journal for them to fill out, and to keep a birthday cake pencil, certificate to put on their locker, and a no homework pass. We also have "Lost Tooth Bag" which is similar to the Birthday bag.
Thanks for asking. I'll take a pic and put up soon.

Co-Kindering said...

Great ideas! Thanks for sharing. I am so glad that I found your blog! I also have four weeks until my students come, but I am starting to sweat just thinking about it:) I would love for you to stop by my blog sometime!

Miss Foote said...

Packaging tape is always on the top of my list. I am a new follower.

Laurie
Chickadee Jubilee