Sunday, September 22, 2013

Back to School Night & Johnny Appleseed

It's been a bit since I've posted.  I realize that I've been a SUPER SLACKER when it comes to blogging.  It's on my list of things I want to get back into, so this week I will be posting every couple of days for the next few weeks to share basic updates on all things; classroom management, science, Daily 5, math, and back to school night.  My hope is that since I have a plan, I will stick to it and honor all the amazing bloggers I have learned from and am inspired by!

On another note, I've created a day's set of Johnny Appleseed activities for math and literacy.  We have continued to expand our activities for Mr. Appleseed's (born Chapman) birthday each year and I decided to fancy it up a bit and add a few new activities for us to use.  I'll share some pics when I use them with my students next week.



This week is Back to School Night and my 2nd grade teaching buddies and I are working on powerpoints, folders, and videos for our upcoming week.  My favorite part about Back to School Night is honestly that the three of us do it together.  It makes it so much more manageable (since our school has 3 of each grade) and fun.  We delegate our parts and take the ones that we enjoy the most.  We have a new teaching buddy this year and she is wonderful!

Good luck to all you Back to School Night experts!  I hope the night goes well and ends early!  :)



No comments: