Sunday, July 27, 2014

Classroom Tours and DIY

I have to say that decorating my classroom is one of my favorite things to do!  I like decorating in general at home and at school.  My Pinterest board is chock full of things I want to buy and make.  This summer I've done some basic painting projects and have a general idea of my colors for the upcoming year. (2014-2014)

I decided to paint my stools and director's chair.  I inherited the stool from one of my close friends who used to teach at my school.  It was starting to chip so it was time.  It was looking a little bare with just the blue so I added the black which will be my classroom colors this year.
Here's a picture of the stool before.

I learned that I am NOT very good at spray painting.  It was a mess.  It splattered everywhere and was not easy.  I managed to put the primer on but then decided to switch to painting it with brushes. I really liked how it turned out.

Here are some pictures from my classroom last year.  I have the kiddos create their own book basket labels and the laminate them.  They hold up pretty well during the year.  We use a 4x4 piece of card stock and the baskets are from Really Good Stuff (click link).  

 Check out Hope King's of Elementary Shenanigan's Subway Art file by clicking the picture below.  I love it so much!  
I'm excited to decorate this year.  I already have some goodies in corners of my condo that are taking up too much room and are ready to go.  :)  

No comments: