Sunday, October 26, 2014

Sunday Scoop, Freebie, & Updated Science Unit Plan

Hi everyone!  :) This weekend I was finally hit with a cold that I'm sure I picked up somewhere in the school building.  However, this beautiful weather is making it bearable!  :)  I also am joining (for the first time) the Teaching Trio for their Sunday Scoop (click their blog name for the link).  Join their linkup!  Their site is adorable!  
A pretty tree on my walk yesterday 
I decided to do a little revamp of my Solids and Liquids in Our World Unit.  I added Memory Games, New Student Sheets, a few more Lessons, Posters for each type of matter, a song, and a cleaner, fresher look.  Hope you all like it.  If you've bought it before, you can download a revised copy for free.  Just check your purchases and there should be a link.  If you haven't check it out HERE.  
Additionally I have been experimenting with lesson based on MTV (not the video channel) ;) Making Thinking Visible by Ron Ritchart (et. al).  I blogged about it HERE if you're curious about visible thinking routines.  I created a lesson based on the book The Name Jar by Yangsook Choi.  As a thank you for reading this blog (and I know there are so many that are fabulous out there!) I put a little FREEBIE (click freebie) below with the lesson plan and student reflection sheet.  Hope you enjoy!  

2 comments:

Heather L said...

Hope you are feeling better soon! You are right about the weather being beautiful!!

recipeforteaching

Ms. Pretzel said...

Thanks Heather! :) I'm your newest follower. :)