Sunday, November 9, 2014

Sunday Scoop & Finding your "HAPPY"

Hello everyone!  Hope your week is going great!  I have to say that this is the most exhausted I've felt in a while.  I'm imagine it's because we are embarking on CONFERENCE WEEK, which is productive but tiring.  :)  My aunt who is a retired first grade teacher posted this on Facebook today (originally from Ohio Education) and it made me smile.

In honor of all the teachers who are work so hard, I hope you all find moments of rest and restoration in your week!!
 On to the next fun thing!  I'm linking up with The Teaching Trio (Kristen, Juliet, and Cassie) for their Sunday Scoop!  :)  Such a great idea.  Sunday is much more doable than other days of the week.
Teaching Trio
A few other little notes, I'm excited to possibly redo my blog a little.  If you haven't checked Megan's (from A Bird In Hand) designs, YOU SHOULD!  Her blog designs are awesome!  Check her out below!  I'm on the agenda for March (which is a bit into the future) but I'm super excited!
And finally, some friends and I did a little Color Run at Nationals Park recently.  We had a blast and here's a little peek.  My friend made these fun photos for us!  :)  I have some CRAZY hair going on, but I did just run through color for an hour!  :)  I think she got the cute stamps here by using an app called Red Stamp.  Find your HAPPY this week!

6 comments:

Ana said...

Hi There!!! :) I love the quote you shared at the start of your blog post. Here in Wisconsin politically there aren't many nice things being said about teachers...and it kills me. People who don't know us and understand how hard we work are criticizing us and it's really getting annoying. That quote is exactly what I feel like I say and nobody listens!! :) I hope you have a great week and get all of your goals out of school accomplished. I really should do some reading and working out. Have a happy week!
Ana
Mrs. Bentin's Blackboard

Ms. Pretzel said...

Hi Ana,

I totally agree! ;) I hope you have a great week too! :) Thanks for the comment.

Mandy B said...

Oh, it's the most wonderful time of year... leaf raking! Yuck. My husband just raked ours up on Wednesday, and our yard is already full again. Terrible! Good luck with conferences- ours are the week after Thanksgiving. We have a staff meeting and TWO nights of PM conferences! It will be a miracle to make it through alive.

I'm a new follower- I found you through the Sunday Scoop!

Mandy
Caffeine and Lesson Plans

Funky in Fourth said...

Megan did my personal blog! She is great. :) Very easy to work with and quick if you do the one option and not get on her LONG waiting list. Did you know that Kristen does blog designs too? It is something new for her but she designed our Teaching Trio blog! That is one world that I will NEVER understand! Can't wait to see the new blog design. :) Thanks for linking up with us and I hope you have a great week!

Cassie
Funky in Fourth
Teaching Trio

Tales and Teacherisms said...

Hi! I nominated you for a Liebster Award! Check out my blog for more information!

Meg
TalesandTeacherisms

Ms. Pretzel said...

Mandy B,
I am so impressed that you could even get through all that after full days of teaching! I hope they go great.

Thanks for commenting Cassie. Your blog looks awesome! Great job to Kristen.

Thanks Meg for nominating me. You're too kind!