Sunday, July 26, 2015

Periscope Madness, Assess Linky, & Makeovers to TpT products

Social media strikes again!  Is it possible that we have another app to follow and be connected to? What is this Periscope app?  Why are people using it?  Why is it great for teachers?  Check me out at https://twitter.com/2nd_bugs or @2nd_bugs on Periscope!

I first started (just in the last week) by listening/watching Ashley Schroeder from Schroeder Shenanigans (yay fellow 2nd grade teacher!) and her energy was contagious and she inspired me to get organized with my blogging and Teachers Pay Teachers journeys.  There are so many others!!  She's one of the first teacher bloggers to spark this whole Periscope movement among TpT teachers along with her pal Angie at Mrs. Olson's Lucky Little Learners.  They are hosting a chat about it on Twitter if you want to learn even more.
If you want to know more about Periscope in a quick simple way, check out their post by clicking the icon below.  They explain it all much better than I could.

The gist in my eyes is--it's a place where you can interact with and learn from teachers by watching a video they are presenting (or hosting you own) about content from their classrooms, their blogging or TPT journey, or their everyday lives.  I just heard one from Kim Bearden today that was AWESOME!  You can ask them questions directly, make comments, or leave "hearts" while they are presenting.   It's essentially quick PD "on the go"!
On another note, I was looking at some of my products and realized that they were in DIRE need of a few makeovers.  I'm still working on a few others (my Fable Unit is looking sad, but the content I love!), but here is my Back to School Scavenger Hunt and Growth Goals Mini Year-Long Project.  

Who doesn't love makeovers?  Here's a few before and after shots below.  Thoughts? 
Lastly, I'm linking up with The Tattoed Teacher for her ASESS ME! linky.  You should join to!  
Enjoy your week everyone!  Comment below if you have thoughts or what you think of Periscope or the makeovers!  I love hearing from you.  

8 comments:

Rachel Lamb said...

wow, you really did a makeover! They look great! and thanks for linking up and sharing!

Ms. Pretzel said...

Thanks so much for including us!! :)

Mrs. Wiley said...

I have to admit that I talk to myself, though I try to keep it mostly in my head. Thanks for sharing. So happy to find another grade 2 blog. I'm a new follower :)
@ Wiley Teaching

Ms. Pretzel said...

Thanks so much for the follow Mrs. Wiley!! :) Love 2nd grade! How long have you been teaching? I've been teaching it for 7 years.

The Sweet Tea Teacher said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Sweet Tea Teacher said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Sweet Tea Teacher said...


I'm a new fish in this big blogging pond! I just found your blog and love it! I teach 2nd too! What is your periscope name?

Thanks!

The Sweet Tea Teacher

Ms. Pretzel said...

Hi Sweet Tea Teacher!

Thanks for leaving a comment! My periscope name is @2nd_bugs. :) Do you have one? I'm heading over to your blog now. ;)

Thanks!
Laura