Sunday, August 30, 2015

It's a Sunday Scoop!

It's time to link up with the lovely ladies over at The Teaching Trio for their weekly Sunday Scoop again!  It's been a bit since I have, but since it is the NIGHT before we go back to school (just for meetings) I thought it would be good to share a few things.
Have To:  I need to finish up our little postcards to students and finish reading our summer book!  I'm a little behind, but hopefully I can catch up!  We're reading The Road to Character by David Brooks.  You can watch his Ted Talk above if you're interested.  I think a lot of what I've found in this book can also be found in the teachers that I have encountered.  They are phenomenal people who instill a love of learning, but also a love for others and themselves.
Hope To:  Thanks to a friend of mine I've started a new exercise routine and tried out a bunch of healthy recipes!  I'm excited to start the year off on the right foot!  Now here's to fighting the temptations of the those sweet kiddos coming by with fancy cupcakes and donuts!  Ah the joys of teaching!  
I'm in the midst of finishing my classroom and will post some pics during the #2getherwearebetter post with @LuckyLittleLearners and @SchroederShenangians's Classroom Reveal Post on Wednesday!  
Speaking of Angie Olson over at Lucky Little Learners, I just discovered her interactive notebooks this summer!  I was trying them out myself and am hoping to share with my colleagues this week.  I think it will add some great pieces to our Math Units!  Thanks Angie!
I think the pic below is self explanatory!  ;)  
Happy To:  This is an important one.  I love Facetiming with my niece and it speaks to the bigger picture which is remaining balanced throughout the year.  Focusing on taking care of ourselves as teachers despite the constant streams of demands.  It makes our jobs incredibly interesting and dynamic and one that I'm so incredibly grateful for, but we can (o.k., I) can be swept up in it all!  Maybe it's just me right?  :)
Here's to a balanced, happy, positive school year!  

2 comments:

Teaching Autism said...

Love your blog it is so cute!! Sending the post cards to your students is such a nice touch! Hope you keep up with your healthy eating and exercising - i'm trying to get back into it after vacation, oh gosh it's a killer right?! Have a great week, hope you manage to get everything done!


Teaching Autism

Ms. Pretzel said...

Thanks @TeachingAutism! I appreciate you stopping by!! I think accountability is key for me! You have a great week too!